Friday, August 24, 2012

Kids Gardening Gloves

Today Mom and I looked for more gardening stuff for my brother and I to garden with.  Mom says we're running very late this year and she doesn't know what we will be planting or when.  We do have about 4 zucchini plants and 4 eggplant plants already growing.  They're growing great too, but nothing else we planted this past spring survived the transplant into the ground.

We started composting back in the spring and Dad says that using the compost to enrich the soil might help the next crops we plant in the ground.

Mom says that if we don't get to plant a fall garden, that she'll get us lots of gardening stuff for Christmas so that we'll have it for next springs planting.  Every day we read something new about gardening, and then we go over to Amazon to find the things we need.

Today, I saw some really cool gloves that I told Mom I want, but she said we don't wear gloves to garden here because of fire ants.  She said it's worse when you have gloves on because they get trapped in there and bite you a lot more. But if you live somewhere that doesn't have fire ants, you might like these Kids Gardening Gloves .  Mom says they look very sturdy.




I picked these out for my brother because they are different so we wouldn't get confused, but also, because these are Leather and Cotton Gardening Gloves-Size Child's Large.  He's older, and bigger than me, so he needs a bigger size.  Mom said she might buy us the gloves anyway for when we do our indoor potting.  That way, we won't get our hands filthy she says.


Tomorrow we're going to look at gardening aprons, so we can try to keep our clothes clean when we garden with Mom.  I did see two I really liked today, but Mom says that tomorrow we can look at all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment